How to apply
Choose your language:
CSL Online Placement test
Placement Test - online version
Please complete the following details before you start your test:
Section A (multiple choice)
Select the answer which best answers the question or fits the space.
Where are you from?
1) How old are you?
I have 16.
I am 16.
I have 16 years.
I am 16 years.
2) Could you pass the salt please?
I am 16.
Here you are.
3) Sue and Mike ___________ to go camping.
4) They were ___________ after the long journey, so they went to bed.
5) ____________ you remember to buy some milk?
6) You don't need to bring ___________ to eat.
7a) What would you like, Sue?
7b) I'd like the same ___________ Michael please.
8) It's not ___________ to walk home by yourself in the dark.
9) I'll go and ___________ if I can find him.
10) My car needs ___________ .
to be repair
11) I haven't had so much fun ___________ I was a young boy!
12) I'm afraid you ___________ smoke in here.
don't have to
are not allowed to
13) Honestly! I saw a ghost! I'm not ___________ it up!
14) Take the A20 ___________ the roundabout, then turn left.
as far as
15) Could you watch my bag while I go and get a cup of tea?
If you don't mind.
It doesn't matter.
16) Rebecca had to ___________ the invitation, as she was busy studying for her exams.
17) When Christopher smiles, he ___________ me of his grandfather.
18) Mike's dad wouldn't ___________ him go to school with a red streak in his hair.
19) I like Mary for her friendly smile and her ___________ of humour.
20) ___________ of the credit for our success has to go to the Chairman, Peter Lewis.
21) The children watched in excitement as she ___________ a match and lit the candles.
22) Ivan kept running very hard ___________ none of the other runners could possibly catch him.
23) You ___________ better check all the details are correct before we send it off.
24) Just put this powder down, and it should ___________ any more ants from getting in.
25) ___________ we get to the top of the hill, the path gets much easier.
At the time
26) ___________ happens, I'll always be there for you!.
27) A ___________ debate ensued, with neither side prepared to give way to the other.
28) The version of the film I saw had been ___________ censored.
29) There has been so much media ___________ of the wedding that I'm completely fed up with it.
30) Turning back now is out of the ___________ .
Section B (writing)
1) Select 1 topic:
A.Write a letter from the UK to your friend. Write about: where you live, what you can do in Swansea, what you like and don t like about being here.
B.Write a short story beginning with the words: It was a cold, rainy day.
C.Write a short article for an ?Animals.com? website. The title should be: ?The pros and cons of living with a cat.?
2) Write 80 100 words. Use the space below.
Are you ready?
If you need help